So the Valentines fever isnt over! As Google Philippines hosted another creative way to use (no bias) the most efficient Video Calling App to find both Vloggers, Daniel Marsh and the latest Youtube Sensation, PBB Housemate, “Baninay Bautista” A DATE! as in someone-you-go-out-with-to-get-to-know 😀
Before anything else, it was on the night of Feb 21. We were invited to go out for a Dating Night with a twist, obviously by using Google Duo . From there I got a hint that something strange will happen, yes! every google event really scares me, sometimes it looks so simple but, sigh, it’s just something you just cant underestimate.
So, I brought with me a sacrificial lamb, hahahah!!! I brought Chael, a Vlogger friend of mine, who I think is perfect for the task.
WHAT’S THE CATCH
From our table, my sacrificial lamb just made it in! clap clap! I took Chael with me since I cant stay up late and I need someone to cover the event for me especially this is Baninay! my favorite house mate.
Going back, 6 searchees were revealed and all they need to do is answer a particular question by choosing a card board with possible answers and defend it in the most creative way they could.
Yes! you can cast your Google Duo Conversation using Google Chrome Cast or a cable 😀
I havent stayed really long since I have to go, but every google event is always FUN! and I need to thank the organizers who tried to have my fan boy moment with baninay before I left.
Can I have the Best Cupid award for achieving #DuoGoals ??? haha Fanboying earlier with my fave PBB Housemate @BaninayBautisa and *pause* I cant wait for @chaelanthony to break the news hahahahahahha!!! VLOG PLS!!! @iheartlesha !!! Chael has to tell us something!!!! #Baninay #Pbb #Google #LifeWear #LiveAuthentic
I was really excited when Chael told me he won! I was laughing so hard coz at first I felt like I was so cruel, a friend who didnt even bother explaining what he’ll get into but I’m pretty sure he had fun! Hello Date with Baninay???
Since he havent posted the other half of the event, and Im actually excited for their date tomorrow, Good thing Baninay posted about the night on her Vlog, you can check below.
GOOGLE DUO WUT???
Okay, maybe you’re starting to get alienated about what Im talking about but Google Duo is a Video calling application. You shouldn’t have to worry about whether you’re on Wi-Fi, or not, or if your friend is using the same type of device as you are. Google created Duo to be a simple one-to-one video calling app that brings you face to face with everyone you care about.
1) A video calling app for everyone: Duo is a mobile-only app available for Android and iOS devices.
2) Phone-number based: Duo is based on your phone number, so you can reach everyone in your phonebook without creating an account.
3) Knock Knock feature: With Knock Knock, you can see a live video preview of the person calling you, and why they’re calling, before you even pick up. Knock Knock only works with people in your contact list, and can be turned off.
4) Wi-Fi and cellular calling: Duo seamlessly transitions between Wi-Fi and cellular networks, so you can start a call on one network, and switch to another without dropping your call.
5) 1:1 video calling: Duo is focused on 1:1 video calling, rather than group calling.
6) Lightning fast video: We optimized every aspect of a video call, so that calls connect faster than most other video calling apps and audio and video stays in sync, even on slower networks.
7) Built to handle slower networks: Works well on slower networks, such as those in emerging markets, and can degrade gracefully to 2G.
8) Secure: All calls are end-to-end encrypted.
Here are a few features to try when you’re testing out Duo:
* Wi-Fi/cellular handoff: Start a call on Wi-Fi and switch to a cellular network (try starting a call on your home Wi-Fi and then disable Wi-Fi in settings)
* Performance on varying qualities of networks: Place a call while you’re traveling (passenger of a car, on a train) to see how Duo performs on inconsistent cellular connection
* Knock Knock: Receive an incoming call with Knock Knock turned on (default setting) to see live video preview of other caller. Preview will show for max 30 seconds before call disconnects or you pick-up. Note – Knock Knock currently only works on the lock screen for incoming calls on Android devices.
* Cross-platform: Call an iOS device from an Android device, and vice versa.
Im actually thinking of a giveaway and probabaly that would also give away my number if we’ll run a test but seriously, this is a great app tho only a few uses this as of now but I love the knock knock feature and how efficient it is to use even if the internet isn’t at it’s best.
But I would greatly appreciate it if you can comennt down below yout experience and I might give you online shopping points 😀